In my capacity as a Green Party councillor I sit on the following bodies:
- Eastern & Midlands Regional Assembly, which brings together public representatives from across our region (stretching from Wicklow, to the border, to the Shannon) to create infrastructural, environmental, and economic plans across council boundaries.
- South Dublin County Council including monthly sittings to hear about cou, annual Budget meetings. Within the CoCo, I am part of:
- Rathfarnham-Templeogue & Firhouse-Bohernabreena Area Committee, which hears presentations from Council officials on ongoing and planned projects in the locality as well as focussed Traffic Management Meetings.
- Strategic Policy Committee for Housing, which meets regularly to scrutinise the Council's work on provision of social and public housing throughout the county. Work housing homeless residents, improving accommodation for members of the Traveller community, and provision of age-friendly options are areas of particular focus.
- SDCC Commemorations Committee responsible for marking the decade of centenaries within the state.
Within the Green Party I sit on the National Executive Committee (2020-21), where I chair the Inclusion subcommittee addressing the ongoing need to ensure our organisation supports its diverse membership and breaks down barriers to active participation in politics.
Locally, I work with the South Dublin County constituency group, whose members live in the Dublin South-West and Dublin Mid-West Dáil constituencies.
Background and Experience
- Raised in County Tyrone and educated at St John's PS (Moy), St Joseph's GS (Donaghmore), Peninsula Medical School (University of Exeter & University of Plymouth).
- Worked in medical practice in the NHS in Scotland and Northern Ireland, later took classes at UCD Smurfit Graduate Business School and began working in comms and marketing.
- Served on the board of Irish Fencing Federation/Fencing Ireland.
- Green Party activist, co-campaign manager in Dublin Mid-West (GE 2020), Co-opted to SDCC in September 2020 as councillor for Rathfarnham-Templeogue.
- Living in South Dublin County with my partner and our little dog.